Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Josie JoJo the Grandma Kitty leads to SNiP

Josie sort of started it all.  While working with a lady off of Highway JJ in Appleton trapping her feral cats I met Josie.  I was driving by to check the traps and saw a cat sitting in the middle of the driveway, I pulled up and got out and she didn't run away.  I walked right up to her and was able to scratch her head, she walked under my car and settled down.  
I thought I had a feral cat on my hands so I crawled under my car, grabbed her quick and threw her in.  There Josie sat on the dashboard of my car staring at me through the window. With no carrier in my car I was not planning on bringing home an extra cat!  
I took her home, settled her in to a kennel with food and everything she needed.  We got her in for her spay and had her ear drained.  She had had ear mites for so long her ear blew up with blood from all of her scratching and head shaking.  Most of her teeth were missing from her life outside and she had to have some additional pulled.  She unfortunately tested positive for FIV, so she was moved in to the FIV room with all of the other positive kitties.  

Josie is still searching for that perfect someone to be lucky enough to love her forever.  She has inspired me to help other feral kitties get spayed and neutered and to stop the continued breeding.

I call Josie a Grandma kitty because when she gets excited and purrs her tongue hangs out.  The vet thinks she is only about 5 years young and with regular vet care can live a long and healthy life.

Please consider giving a cat like Josie a forever home, and if you can't do that, consider donating to SNiP to help other cats like Josie.  

~Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment